Isle of Tiernan Timeline
“Years Ago —
- 1500 — Christobl Tiernan lands and claims island in name of Imperium. Lich is in control of Island, begins 10 year plan to retake island from newcomers (let them think they are in control, then wipe them out in terror).
- 1490 — Christobl dies in 1st attack by Lich. His daughter sends to mainland for reinforcements; none arrive.
- 1485 — Group of mercenaries (adventurers) being a campaign agains the Evil and win back the Island. Reinforcements arrive; claim victory over Lich defeat (corrupted noble). Mercenaries disappear mysteriously.
- 1484 — Construction begins on city dedicated to Christobl. Imperium stops construction and moves it to alternate construction site Girna on the eastern side of the Isle.
- 1483 — Three shiploads of colonists arrive. They push current residents aside or sentence them to indenturement for life. Construction continues on Girna. “Goblinoid” races begin mobilization to retake Isle. Dwarven attempts migration to mountains.
- 1473 — Girna is finished; Five years of ongoing “Goblinoid” conflict ends at Nike’s Battleground. After the wars, Dwarves retreat to their mountain homes, Elves begin a migration to the forests away from their traditional lands that were devastated by the wars.
- 1470 — Three prosperous years marks the 30th anniversary of Christobl’s landing. Tired of their prolonged treatment, the serfs rebel with the assistance of the Dwarves and Elves.
- A powerful necromancer begins amassing bodies of the fallen by massacring a small town Village of Stobl, using them as troops for the rebellion.
- Emperor dies. Some say he died of old age, others say he was assassinated by the rebels.
- 1469 — New Emperor in a show of peace abolishes the indenturement for life. However, he also cannot forgive the population of the Isle for their rebellion. Creates current form of indeturement for the Isle and imposes new policies that can eventually allow the serfs to gain their freedom and earn citizenship.
- 1466 — First assassination attempt of new emperor. Many noble families on the mainland are executed as conspirators.
- Necromancer from the Isle attempts a coup on the mainland but is thwarted by the Imperial Court Wizard.